Day 21 - 30 on Chantix..

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hi folks! Did you think I just would never post again? lol I bet you were... Well actually I have been getting ready for xmas shopping and all that jaz! Basicly yes I have been slacking..alot.. :)

But I am still not smoking that has to be good... Lately however I have been kinda of struggling with it because I really want to smoke lol.. isn't that stupid? I just want to smoke I like it in a weird way.. blah but you know.. I really know it's just the old me that I am comfortable with I mean I have smoked since I was around 15 years old (behind my parents back when I was that young of course).

I asked a friend of mine that stopped smoking about 3 years ago.. how long it took her not to "think" like a smoker.. I think most of you know what I am talking about when I say "think like a smoker" anyways she informed me it took her about 6 months.. she quit cold turkey.. that girl has will powah! lol :)

I figure when I get past the not "thinking like a smoker" I'll have it kicked. (hopes)
This is what I think is stupid.. When I am around people who smoke it disgusts me the smell smells like it always did really.. but now its just gross.. but when I am not around the smokers I'm like UGrahgahhhh.. I want a cigarette lol.. mental huh?

Anyways.. I wanted everyone to know I'm doing fine fine.. no smokie smokie.. what am I on? my 3rd week of quit? I think so..

anyways.. take care..I'lll write again soon I promise!

PS
I found out for me its a bad idea to cut those pills in half.. blah made me have so much pain in my tummy .. :(((..

oH
Have a merry xmas if I dont make it back before to tell you so

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS! :))
(hopes 08 is way better than 07 was)

3 comments:

maggie said...

Glad to hear you are hanging in there! I still have days when I feel like someone quitting smoking and other days when I just feel like a person who doesn't smoke. Either way, it keeps getting better overall, and as long as I keep not smoking, it should keep getting better. You are doing great!

Mz Diva said...

You go Babs.....I think its natural to still feel the desire to smoke, even if it is for a few minutes at a time. When I get stressed, my first natural reaction is to think about lighting up and then I remember, I am no longer a smoker. It gets better. Somedays even when a major trigger comes my way I don't even think of smoking as a first defense. I really consider it a miracle and am not going to complain. Your right where your supposed to be and doing fantastic. Happy Holidays.
Peace,
Diva

Anonymous said...

Chantix tablets do not contain any traces of nicotine in the ingredients. This is unlike many traditional quit smoking drugs that help smokers quit smoking by injecting small doses of nicotine into their bodies. http://www.chantixhome.com/