Wow its been 20 days since I started the program it doesn't seem that long!!
Everything is still going F i n e I'm happy to report! I really want to get off the pills.. when is the time right to stop? I know its only been 3 weeks but I really really hate taking pills!
Can anyone let me know when they stopped taking chantix?
I read alot about 12 weeks.. but really I don't want to be on them for 12 weeks.. is this the correct amount of weeks?
Is everyone ready for the holidays? I'm a bit excited this year for christmas to come.. Such a funny feeling I haven't been excited about the holidays in years... Usually I dread the holidays.. but not this year!
Any how I'm gonna end this post~ I'll write again soon!
xox
Babs
Day # 19 & 20th
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Posted by
Babs
at
2:20 PM
Labels: Chantix, quit smoking, Stop smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Babs, congrats on even more days!
About the 12 weeks, that's something I'd discuss with your doctor. Lots of people do stop sooner due to side effects or financial reasons, but if you believe Pfizer, 12 weeks is recommended for best chances of success. People are different, and I'm no expert, so I don't know. I do know that 12 weeks was about right for me. I also have seen some end Chantix early and start smoking, but would that have happened even beyond the 12 weeks? Maybe your doctor will suggest a reduced dose or something or go off with the option of going back on if it seems right.
Whatever you do, continued good luck!
Congratulations Babs! I am kind of nervous about going off the Chantix myself. I know I want to quit, just kind of a big scardy cat right now. I have one more month to go for the twelve week dose. I am glad to here you are still not smoking!
Peace,
Diva
Post a Comment